Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trans Siberian Ochestra - IZOD

if you've never heard this band before - i encourage you to buy tix if they come to your town & GO!

what is Trans Siberian Orchestra's music like?

well, take Christmas songs, add in some heavy metal flair (yup - black leather pants with an unbuttoned white shirt & blond hair flipping...very David St. Hubbins), toss in Tommy Lee drum stick clicks before each song and some synchronized POLYPHONIC SPREE female hair flipping, while dressed like Lita Ford all while a Laser Floyd show is going on.

Cheesy? Ya betcha - and I loved every minute of it!

Here is a sample call MAD RUSSIAN'S CHRISTMAS:

But what REALLY made me go "WOW" - was the pyrotechics, and not just a little (OH-NO), we're talking they went ALL OUT circa 1984! Check out this clip I took of PRELUDE TO MADNESS:

Unfor, my memory card was full by the finale - but it was a treat....Steven Tyler joined the band on stage & performed DREAM ON & SWEET EMOTION (I havent seen him live since back in 1988 @ GIANTS STADIUM when AEROSMITH headlined with G&R / DEEP PURPLE)!

PS: if you CLICK HERE you will go back to a year ago when I first heard thier music laid out with Christmas Lights...this is Wizards of Winter at their finest!

No comments: