I am very saddened by the passing of LeRoi Moore, yesterday Aug 19th (due to complications from an ATV accident in June). He was an intregal part of one of the most amazing bands ever assembled. His sax music touched my heart and it's sad to know that future DMB concerts will never be the same.
R.I.P. LeRoi
Click on this video for a beautiful tribute to the song "#34"
At last night's show (in LA at the Staples Ctr), Dave told a story about when he first met Leroi at a bar. "Leroi had had too much to drink and was leaning up against the counter near the stage, and proceeded to play the most beautiful version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow I had heard in my life." He said, "that's when I fell in love with him, and I'm still in love and always will be."
No comments:
Post a Comment