Last weekend I saw another AMAZING Cirque Du Soleil show - Saltimbanco. Ironically, this traveling show was the very first one that I've been trying to catch for close to 12 years. When I was traveling around Europe with Sherri back in 1996, we kept being a city behind & never caught their show. Let me tell you - it was SOOOOOOOOOOO worth the wait (tho the city of Newark robbed us on parking since you cant park on the street...every lot within walking distance to the Prudential Ctr was btw $25-$35 instead of it's normal $10)
Here's some reviews of my past shows:
Quidam - my first show held down at Battery Park City summer of '98 held in a tent. I went with Sherri & Irene for Sherri's b-day...and I came "THIS" close to making a u-turn at the Battery Tunnel entrance!
Allegria - during Jazzfest 2000 I roadtriped from New Orleans to Biloxi, MO - this show kicked a$$ !!!!!
Dralion - at Liberty State Park with EVERYONE in 2001. It was "ok", but it didnt have the same effect as the first two shows cuz all the performers were not in makeup-costumeLa Nouba - in Dowtown DisneyWorld 2002. This was Randy & Derek's first experience to Cirque du Soliel & I think Derek was sold with all the skateboarding & bike tricks (after all - it was during his 7th grade spring break). I was happy cuz the performers were back in makeup!
Wintuk - at MSG this past winter '07...ok if you're under the age of 10...but turned me off so much I was almost ready to never buy a tix to another Cirque show again
1 comment:
xyz
Post a Comment