Tuesday, January 20, 2009

R.I.P. G-ROCK

sad, sad day in my world of internet radio. The BEST RADIO STATION to listen to while at work via the internet (106.3 FM central NJ) changed it's format yesterday at noon to....iccccccck: TOP 40
why, why, why, why would they do that?
anyone who lives in that area can already tune into Z100 and WPLJ which already play the TOP 40 format.
I was only able to tune into the station on the radio while I was driving down the GSP, which was maybe once or twice a mth....BUT, I listened EVERY DAY/ALL DAY M-F via the internet at work!
G-ROCK was perfect. Period. Every song they played I liked. Every one. All the DJ's had a great sense of humor, the station had awesome tix giveaways (I won D2 tix there last summer & was trying my darnedest to win DMB tix to the upcoming IZOD show this weekend while I was home). And to top it off....they had a killer RETRO REQUEST HOUR (btwn 12-1pm) every day that played rockin music from the 80's. I cant tell you how many times I clicked in & requested old motley crue, or frankie goes to hollywood or old bon jovi!
I was so upset when I switched over at 10:01am this morning (I'm a diehard Elvis Duran & the morning zoo fan that I listen to from 6:30am-10am & I was off yesterday due to the MLK holiday) - I called GROCK's main line to complain to the program director.

Fond Farewell G-ROCK! I'll miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to intern for grock a few years ago and it was awesome! I turned on the radio this morning and heard Britney Spears and I died a little inside. Do you know why the sudden switch?

michelmoba said...

nope - my guess is that the powers from above (ie: ClearChannel) decided that central nj needs another TOP 40 station to compete against Z100 & WPLJ. It really sux, cuz in my opinion, GROCK beat out KROCK. Right now I'm flipping thru AOL radio to find an alternative station. If you find one - let me know!