Saturday, August 13, 2005

Living in Townhouse-ville (blech!)

How I LOOOOOOOVE living in a townhouse (yes, I'm LYING!!!)

I try so hard to get along with others. Granted I have not much in common with the Taglimongolinia's (name is made up, but basically pick any long name that ends in a vowel) down the street. Let's see - I'm college educated, I work in a professional enviornment, I came from a middle class upbringing, I've traveled around the world, I'm willing to try anything at least once, I try not to curse out loud or to young childern. You might same that is normal...not so!

What lives in my townhouse community??? Well, I think I've got a couple of Vinnies, some Maries and a few Paulies....you get the picture - all with 3 kids in a 3 bedroom townhouse (guess having your own bedroom doesn't exist...or does M&D sleep on the couch???) where the wife doesn't work & hubby comes home in his truck & growls "gimme a beer". And all that seem to know each other's business...a little too closely if you ask me!

Just Lovely!

Here's my latest gripe (and I've only been living here since Nov). In the last few weeks I've been able to borrow my parents car. Cool, right - no! Why? Well, in townhouse-ville, you are only allowed 1 parking spot per townhouse. Now, considering that almost EVERY townhouse owns 2-3 cars...what to do? Well...if I was everyone else....ummmm - NOTHING!

Me? HA! After the first week I get chased down by one of the busy-bodies who wants to know why I have a second car parked here. I tell her I will have the car for less then a mth. I even give her the exact date that I will have it to (which is still a few days away). I thought all was settled, but just a week later I've rec'd a letter stating that if that particular car is parked in ANY of the guest spots (which on my block alone there are approx 10), then I will get a $25 fine.
Now, that would be fair if I was the only one who does it....but w/o pointing fingers (although I am screaming their names to the computer as I type)...there are a dozen other families who do the same thing on a nightly basis. I've been doing this now for 2.5 weeks. Is is because my last name ends in a consanent?

Don't laugh...it's probably true.

Above is a copy of the letter sent to me after shuffling the car in one of the 10 guest spots over the last 3 weeks, plus after my "talking to", I've been parking during the week on the street (notice that not one person could sign it..it just says "board of managers". Nor does it say who is the person who is watching me, which is kind of freaky that someone is taking the time to watch me....DAMN NOSY NEIGHBORS!!!)

I HATE (and I've been reminded that "hate" is a strong word...only use it when you really mean it) living here...I want to move (TX is sure looking good)....and SOON!

No comments: